Explore Vietnam’s northern jewels. Take an in-depth look at Hanoi, stepping back in time at the Temple of Literature and wandering the vibrant maze of streets in the Old Quarter. Discover a corner of Vietnam where ancient history and stunning landscapes collide. Travel from the modern capital to the first capital city, Hoa Lu and admire ancient relics. Explore the limestone karsts and rice paddies of ‘Halong on Land’ before boarding a boat to cruise the real Halong Bay, marvelling at the spectacular limestone karsts that rise dramatically from the sea.
Meet your tour guide on arrival at Hanoi international airport and transfer to the city center for hotel check-in. Hotel rooms may not be ready until 14:00 hrs but an early check-in would be guaranteed with a surcharge.
Morning or afternoon departure depend on availability
Half day Hanoi city tour (by car or by motorbike – upon client’s interest) - Routes can change subject to client’s interest.
Begin the first day of the trip with a tour of Hanoi. Depart from the hotel for a visit to Vietnam’s first university: the Temple of Literature. Founded in 1076, Quoc Tu Giam was established within a temple to educate Vietnam's royalty, mandarins and members of the elite.
Continue with a visit to the iconic One Pillar Pagoda, one of Vietnam’s most iconic temples. Nearby is the mausoleum of the historic father figure of modern Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, and his modest house on stilts. (Sites are viewed from outside; closed Mon and Fri and from Oct-Nov)
Visit the picturesque West Lake and its sixth century Tran Quoc Buddhist Pagoda.Tran Quoc Pagoda is regarded as the most ancient pagoda in Hanoi with its history line of more than 1,500 years.
After visiting, you will have a meal at Vietnamese Restaurant.
Free time at leisure for rest of the day.
Just a couple hours’ drive outside of Hanoi and the tour heads deep into Vietnam’s picturesque countryside. Discover Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam during the Dinh and Le dynasties, before taking a sampan trip down the Tam Coc River. Also called the ‘Halong Bay on Land,’ this region is famous for its charming grottoes and limestone karst mountains.
Depart from the hotel around 08:00 for the 2-hour drive through rural northern Vietnam. Stop off at Hoa Lu, where there are temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80) and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009).
If time permits after visiting Hoa Lu, take a half-hour walk up one of the surrounding limestone karst hills; a difficult but highly rewarding climb with spectacular views. (A moderate level of physical fitness is required.)
Continue on for Tam Coc Town where a Vietnamese-style lunch will be waiting; there will be ample opportunity to stop for photographs of the villages and landscapes along the way.
Dive back to Hanoi and drop off at your hotel. Overnight in Hanoi.
Early morning departure from Hanoi to Halong Bay (165 km east of Hanoi). Arrive at the Halong tourist pier. After boarding the boat you will start a relaxing and wonderful cruise through World Nature Heritage Halong Bay, passing bizarre rock formations, such as the Dinh Huong (the Incense Urn), Cho Da (the Stone Dog), islands with sandy beaches and Ga Choi (the Fighting Roosters) islets. You will discover Halong Bay, listed as a World Heritage of outstanding natural beauty, known in Vietnamese as “Dragon descending to the sea“.
The picturesque Halong Bay has more than 3,000 limestone islets rising from the clear emerald water, many of them containing beautiful grottoes. You will visit Thien Cung grotto situated on the south-west side of the bay, 4 km from the wharf outside of Halong City. The way to Thien Cung grotto is covered on both sides by thick forest. After entering a narrow gate, the grotto’s 130-meter-long girth opens up. Getting in you will be more astonished in front of the very animated and splendid beauty which is made from the stalactites. On the east wall of the grotto, there is a grandiose and imposing picture with characters of tales. Going out of the Thien Cung grotto, you will have a sensation of just watching a unique, meticulous, interesting fine-art museum which is made by nature. This grotto is one of the most beautiful ones in Halong Bay.
During the boat trip fresh seafood fingertips will be served for your delights (please let us know if you do not eat seafood).
Have leisure time before your departure.
Please note that hotel check-out time is at 12:00. A late check-out can be arranged subject to room availability and a surcharge will be applied. End of services. Hope to see you again in the future!
- *All prices are based on per adult, in Double/Twin sharing
- Small group tour available (max 10 guests): HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Surcharge will be applied for single traveler or single room request
- Accommodation in TWN/ DBL sharing accommodation at hotel, except overnight on train and homestay (if any)
- Transport within Vietnam
- All in-tour stationed local English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for Vietnam attractions, as per itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Hotel EARLY check in & LATE check out
- Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner at the hotel (if any)
- International flights to or from Vietnam with taxes
- Visa or Passport Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, laundry and gratuities
- Meals not marked on itinerary, and water during meals
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate