(Departure date: Friday every week)
Ba Be Lake, the largest natural lake in Vietnam, is a well-known attraction to both foreign and domestic tourists for its charming natural beauty. Situated in the altitude of 145m above the sea level, the 17-25 meters-deep-lake spreads over 50 hectares through the core area of Ba Be National Park, the home to over 200 birds and 350 butterfly species living in primary limestone forest. Joining our two-day short trip to Ba Be, you will not only admire those geological treasured values but also have chance to learn about the daily life and culture of ethnic minorities living surrounding the lake. Let’s try to experience the marvelous nature and unique ethnic culture !
- Discover one of the most beautiful natural lake on the mountain in the world
- Explore the beauty cultural of the Tay ethnic, Nung ethnic …
- Enjoy swimming activity and rowing bamboo rafts
- Visit the 4th largest waterfalls in the top10 largest waterfall in the world, which are located between two countries’ border
- Enjoy local foods
- Discover historical relic Pac Bo – where President Ho Chi Minh lived and worked from 1941 – 1945.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be lake
Day 2: Ba Be – Ban Gioc waterfall – Nguom Ngao cave – Cao Bang
Day 3: Cao Bang – Pac Bo – Hanoi
5.30 am: Departure from Hanoi to Ba Be National Park. We will take a drive of 230 km. You will head north from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi and into the stunning landscape of rural Vietnam. During the journey, you will have the chance to visit a Tay minority community. This is the second largest ethnic group in Vietnam after the Viet-Kinhs. Have a lunch in a local restaurant near Ba Be lake.
Arrival at Buoc Lom Wharf. Boat-trip along the Nang River to Ba Be Lake, one of 20 biggest fresh lakes on the mountain in the world. Stop at Puong cave which is famous with thousand of bats. After that, visit An Ma Temple to know more religions and beliefs in Vietnam. At the end of Nang river, swim in fresh water and enjoy the bamboo rafting.
18h00: Check in homestay. Enjoy dinner with local food. Spend your night in Ba Be.
Meals: lunch, dinner
7.00 am: Departure for Ban Gioc waterfall (200 km from Ba Be) - a northern province which shares a border with China. Here you will have the chance to meet the Nung people - the Nungs largely live by farming the terraced rice paddies that you will see all around as you continue to Ban Gioc Waterfall. On the way, lunch will be served in Quang Uyen town.
Arrive at Ban Gioc, you will marvel at its spectacular beauty, which is worthy to be the Vietnam’s most beautiful waterfall. After spending some time relaxing and taking nice photos, You have an opportunity to raft nearly the Fall and feel the water blob wind to your face. After that we depart to visit Nguom Ngao Cave (Tiger cave) – the wild and mystic cave still remain untouched unique formation. Continue your trip, you will be visit Phuc Sen village, a small village of Nung people famous for the production of farming tools. So many visitors have bought some thing such as knife, sword, scissors…when they come here.
Return to Cao Bang city, check in hotel and enjoy dinner. After dinner, walk around the city and try to eat floating cake. Overnight in hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Check-out and breakfast in restaurant.
Afer breakfast, our tour guide will take you to visit Pac Bo. It takes additional 52 kilometres to drive from Cao Bang city to Truong Ha commune, Ha Quang district where visitors can come to historical relic Pac Bo - where President Ho Chi Minh came back to Vietnam after 30 years abroad to find the way salvage country from French domination. Visit to Pac Bo Cave, Lenin river, Karl Marx mountain, stone table…
Have a lunch in local restaurant. After that, depart back to Hanoi. It is a journey of approximately 310 kilometers through vertiginous rice paddies and remote villages. You will get the chance to stop at some points for taking photos and relax.
Late afternoon, arrive in Hanoi. The tour ends at your hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
Accommodation: none included
- Air-conditioned vehicles for all transportations
- Sharing room (2 people per room)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- Entrance fee & sightseeing fee
- Vietnamese - English speaking guide enthusiastic, responsible, full support
- Travel insurance
- Water (2 bottle/day)
- Tips and personal expenses such as: laundry, telephone, drinks…
- Bank charges relating to the payment
- Other services that are not clearly mentioned in the “price includes” list.
- VAT 10%
- Free of charge for children under 5 years (sharing bed with parents)
- Surcharge 50% rate of adult for children 6-9 years (sharing bed with parents)
- Surcharge 100% rate of adult for children from 10 years (sharing room as adult)
- Necessary things: passport, swimming suites, sunblock, sunglasses, good hiking shoes, hat, pants/long sleeve clothes, personal items.
- If you are allergic to somethings or diet, vegetarian…please let us know before your departure date.