Experience the most remarkable sites with our Best of South Vietnam 5 days tour. Discover the most bustling and busy city of Indochina known as Saigon or Ho Chi Minh. Get inside the Cu Chi tunnels to witness the Vietnam’s War remains and understand more about this sad episode of the history. Explore the immense Mekong Delta sailing among intricate waterways for visiting vibrant and colorful markets, gorgeous landscapes and meeting local people.
Upon your arrival in the bustling city of Vietnam, still called “Saigon” by many locals, your guide will welcomed you at Tan Son Nhat Airport and then transfer you to your hotel for check –in. Your room is at disposal from 14:00 pm. Free at leisure to relax in the rest of the day.
Get ready for a whole day discover the city. Ho Chi Minh City – former name Saigon is Vietnam’s largest city. Saigon is a fast paced city with a unique mix of French colonial architecture, Chinese influences, a modern entrepreneurial spirit and numerous temples. During 300 years history, under the name of Saigon, it was the capital of French colony of Indochina and later of the independent republic of South Vietnam. After the war, this city was officially renamed Ho Chi Minh City after President Ho Chi Minh. Today, Ho Chi Minh City is a modern developing urban but still remain its connection with the past. Not so hard to find an ancient pagoda or a building with French elements.
08:00 Start your tour with The Reunification Palace, used to be residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam. In 30 April 1975, the when North Vietnam soldier set foot inside this building with red flag on hand, the whole world knew that Vietnam war was end.
Next stop is War Remnants Museum, on the way stop to visit Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, 2 most famous and oldest of classical French colonial architecture construction was built more than 100 years ago. War Remnants Museum with many photographs are from both Vietnam and US sources; US military vehicle like tanks, jet, booms display outside.
After lunch and a short rest, we continue city tour by discover eastern side of the city. Giac Lam Pagoda, the oldest one in Ho Chi Minh City with huge Buddha statues system which was built on 1774.
Then ride to Cho Lon (Big Market) and Thien Hau Pagoda which located inside China Town, it’s a place of great historical and cultural importance many of temples, pagodas in surrounding area.
Before tour ends, stop over for shopping at Ben Thanh Market in city center.
8:00: Our bus and tour guide will pick you up at your hotel then head to Tay Ninh Province.
10:00 Arrive in Tay Ninh, visit Cao Dai Temple - the sacred temple of Caodaism - Vietnam's own religion incorporated aspect of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and even Catholicism. You have a chance to understand more about Vietnamese religion.
12:00 Have lunch at local restaurant.
13:00 After lunch, leave Tay Ninh and travel to Cu Chi. Watch a short video introducing about soldiers’ lives during wartime and take a look at the system of the underground tunnels, where supplies were transported, the injured was treated and people were living during some of the most strategic operations in the war.
After visiting Cu Chi Tunnels, the bus picks you to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
8.00: Pick up at your hotel in Saigon and travel to Ben Tre Province.
The boat will cruise along the Ham Luong River (a branch of the Mekong) and stop off at various local workplaces to give you a picture of how the local economy works, including a brickwork - where bricks are still painstakingly made by hand; a coconut processing workshop - where you can sample fresh coconut and see how every single part of this versatile nut is turned into food and other products; and a mat weaving house - where straw mats are woven using a hand loom – you can even have a go at weaving yourself!
The boat will then stop at a quiet village where you can have a short walk to experience real Delta village life, before boarding your 'xe loi' (a kind of motorized rickshaw) and traveling into the forest where you can visit fruit orchards before stopping at a riverside restaurant for a delicious and filling lunch, featuring such local specialties as elephant-ear fish and river shrimp, washed down with some cold drinks or beers. It’s time to board a sampan boat for a relaxing trip along narrow canals.
Around 17:00 Back to your hotel in Saigon
Have leisure time before your departure. You are welcome to join our interesting optional excursions in and around Ho Chi Minh City, such as our Good Morning Saigon! tour. Please note that hotel check-out time is at 12:00. A late check-out can be arranged subject to room availability and a surcharge will be applied. Transfer to the airport in Ho Chi Minh City for your onward flight. Tour ends after arriving at the airport.
- Accommodation in TWN/ DBL sharing except overnight at local homestay or on train
- All transport and transfer by air conditioned vehicle (including airport pick up & see off), as per itinerary
- All in-tour stationed local English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Hotel EARLY check in & LATE check out
- Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner at the hotel (if any)
- International flights to or from Vietnam with taxes
- Visa or Passport Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, laundry and gratuities
- Meals not marked on itinerary, and water during meals
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate