Sa Pa is a frontier township and capital of Sa Pa District in Lào Cai Province in north-west Vietnam. It was first inhabited by people about whom nothing is known. They left in the entire valley hundreds of petroglyphs, mostly composed of lines, which experts think date from the 15th century and represent local cadastres. Then came the highland minorities of the Hmong and Yao. The township is one of the main market ones in the area, where several ethnic minority groups such as Hmong, Dao (Yao), Giáy, Pho Lu, and Tày live. These are the four main minority groups still present in Sa Pa district today. The Kinh (lowland Vietnamese) never originally colonised this highest of Việt Nam’s valleys, which lies in the shadow of Phan-Xi-Pǎng(Fansipan, 3143 m), the highest peak in the country. Sa Pa is also home to more than 200 pieces of boulders with ancient engravings. The “Area of Old Carved Stone in Sapa” has been in the UNESCO tentative list since 1997.
Day 1: Hanoi – Sapa – Ham Rong mountain
Day 2: Fansipan/Cat Cat village – Hanoi
7.00 am: you depart to Sapa by shuttle bus. You will be seen the beautiful scenery through the car’s window.
Arrive at Sapa around 12:30, check in hotel and have a lunch in local restaurant with special foods.
14h30: tour guide take you to explore the Ham Rong Mountain with unspoiled scenery and spectacular. At here, you can visit many kinds of colorful orchid garden from Indochina area. Passing two Heaven Gate, visitors will be arriving in the top of Ham Rong is called Pitch Cloud, and have panoramic view of Sapa.
Back to Sapa to enjoy dinner. You have fee time to discover Sapa with Ancient Church, love market… Overnight at hotel.
Meals: lunch, dinner
Accommodation: 3 star hotel
After breakfast, you have 2 options:
- Option 1: driver takes you to Fansipan Cable Car Station and spend 20 minutes with cable car to enjoy the spectacular scenery. Reach the altitute of 2800 metres, you have a good time to see the view and take photos, visit pagoda the spiritual destinations and trek up to 600 steps you will reach the peak of Fansipan - the roof of Indochina.
- Option 2: the tour guide takes you to Cat Cat villages, inhabited by the H’mong people. You will experience the tribal way of life while enjoying wonderful views of the terraced rice paddy fields and the waterfall in Cat Cat village. Coming here,you can see the hydroelectric power station which was built by the French in twentieth century.. Learn about the culture and customs of H’mong people.
Lunch and check out the hotel.
13h30: transfer back to Hanoi.
18h00: arrival Hanoi. You have free time to discover Hoan Kiem lake, Old Quarter…
Meals: breakfast, lunch
Accommodation: none included
- Shuttle bus (2 ways)
- Sharing room (2 people per room)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- Entrance fee & sightseeing fee
- English speaking guide enthusiastic, responsible, full support
- Water (2 bottle/day)
- Tips and personal expenses such as: laundry, telephone, drinks…
- Bank charges relating to the payment
- Other services that are not clearly mentioned in the “price includes” list.
- VAT 10%
- Special requests on food to be informed before departure.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers.
- Itineraries are subject to change due to bad weather, tide levels and operating conditions.