HANG VA EXPEDITION 2D1NFor those whom a week expedition to Son Doong cave-theworld’s biggest cave-is too much, this new 2-day Hang VaExpedition can be a perfect alternative for your short holiday.Hang Va is a part of Phong Nha Cave System.It isbelieved thatHang Va and Hang Nuoc Nut are hydrologically connected to SonDoong, based on their presumed shared water flow. Hang Va andHang Nuoc Nut were found recently in 2012, and the stalactites andstalagmites in Hang Va are remarkably distinct andextraordinary.Within the wet and dry gours arenumerous conical calciteformations that have been named the Tower Cones.Towers Conessuch as those in Hang Vaare extremely rare and are only found in afew caves across the entire world. Both delicate and unique, thesecones can only be formed underwater and take thousands of yearsto grow tall.This expedition gives you the opportunity to beone of the firstpeople in thesecaves.Weprovide the very best adventureexperiences with every aspect of thetrip carefully planned includingdelicious meals, the highest safety standards, and friendly andinformative adventure guides.Come and enjoy unique andunforgettable experiences in the caves with our dedicated adventuretour company
A true underground adventure to visit two spectacular river caves of the National Park. Nuoc Nut Cave is a large cave with both dry and river passages with clear blue pools. Hang Va is a superb cave with underground pools and contains rare tower cone formations that you will need harnesses and ropes to enter this section.
- Spectacular river caves
- Wading through underground water
- Thrilling rope works
- Pure natural pool in cave
- Unique formations.
- Jungle camping
- Duration: 2 day tour
- Availability: Jan to Aug 5 tours/week.
- Difficulty: Level 4 – Challenging
- Group size: 2-10 people; 16+ years old
- Distance: 4km trekking; 7km caving; 150m elevation gain; 20m rope traverse
For your convenience, we will pick you up at your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00–8:30 am and drive toOxalis Headquarters.At Oxalis Headquarters, you will collect your gear, listen to a tour briefing and pleasebe noted that you need to signourRelease Formbefore driving 45 minutes through the National Parktothe trailhead.From the trailhead, we will enter the jungle andhike to the entrance of Hang Nuoc Nut. Here we put on ourPetzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen head lamps. Once inside the low opening, the caveenlarges dramatically and we explore thehigh-levelseries with excellent photographic opportunities. Wehave a picnic lunch with ice cold drinks provided before setting off in the cave for around 2 km. Enjoy thebeautiful formations, enormous passage and underground river, again with many photographicopportunities.Leaving thecave,you will trek on a jungle path which, though short, traverses over tough and difficultterrain. The jungle campsite is located at the base of huge cliffs next to the entrance of Hang Va. Camp willbe set up and tea/coffee will be supplied as well as a delicious dinner served byour local chef.Delightyourself with an evening of games and entertainment, or simply relax and soak up the views at ourjungle campsite
Day 2 is the highlight of the expedition. Before experiencing this fantastic cave,Hang Va, you will have adelicious breakfast at around 8:00 am.First, you willclimb down the steep entrance of Hang Va. It can be quite slippery, so move slowly and withcare. Toensure your safety, we will have a rope for you to clip into with a harnesswhich will be provided foryou. You will continue to wear the harness at all times inside Hang Va Cave.After that, time allowing, there is a chance to swim in a downstream pool inside Hang Va before headingupstream. You will walk most of the time in water flowing through the river passage, climb up and down,and squeeze between the rocks. The water level of the river passage can be as high as chest level, so beready to be wet for about 4 hours.When you reach the end of the wet passage, you will need touse the harness again to carefully climb up tothehigh-levelpassage. You will be amazed with thishigh-levelarea because of its stunning formations,which arereally rare throughout the world. In this area, we will have a lot of time to take beautifulimageswith the support of Hopetechnologyand extra lights designed specifically for photography in Hang VaCave.Finally, we will head back to the camp, enjoy lunch and at around 2:00 pm, walk back to the road by adifferent route to the pick-up point. Our driver will take you back to your hotel in Phong Nha by about 5:00pm.
WE WILL PROVIDE
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag, mattresses, pillow
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves
- Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside your backpack
- Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2), dinner (day 1)
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite plus your swim suit.
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 small towel
- 1 backpack to hold personal items
- 2 pair of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 set of camp clothes (shorts are okay for around camp; please bring a fleece in winter)
- Personal items:mosquito repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwears, toiletries