From the incredible towering karsts that decorate Ha Long Bay to the unique traditions of minority tribes live in mountainous area, your time through the capital city and the countryside will show you the traditions of northern Vietnam within this one of a kind exploration. Hanoi, Halong and Mai Chau, the three places are completely different experiences and, sure, you will love all of them.
7.30 – 19.30
- Our shuttle bus will come to pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi centre. Drive to Halong City. Enjoy the landscape of the Red River Delta country side.
- Stopover at Hai Duong province for refreshment about 30 minutes
- Arrive at Tuan Chau island – Take break and welcome drink at Pelican Halong Cruise Lounge
- Transfer to Pelican Halong Cruise
- Welcome drink - receive cruise briefing, safety instructions and check in. Start cruising and explore Halong Bay - one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature.
- Enjoy buffet lunch with Vietnamese dishes served while cruising through the bay, passing the most beautiful and quiet areas, such as Incense Burner, Dog Stone Islet, Fighting Cock, Soi Sim beach, Coconut Three Island
- Visiting Luon Cave, the perfect combination of lime-stone mountains and jade-green sea by bamboo boat with local people. Enjoy quiet space and pure air, you will feel relaxed truly. If you are lucky, you will see monkeys on islands.
- Visiting the beautiful Titop Island for swimming (if the weather permits), Titop Beach is especially famous for its fresh atmosphere, clean water, and smooth white sand that create a great ambiance for tourists to relax or passengers can take steps to reach on the top of Titop beach to have a whole panorama view of Halong Bay.
- Back to the boat and free time while sailing to Luon Bo area, and anchor overnight.
Option: Massage service available. Please book with Cruise Manager directly (please see massage menu)
- Attend the Cooking class on sundeck – How to make Vietnamese spring rolls - traditional Vietnamese food. Then enjoy Happy Hour (Buy one drink-get one free). It is time for chit chat and relaxing. Watch the magnificent sunset over Halong Bay.
19.30 – 23.00
- Dinner – Deluxe Vietnamese BBQ Set Menu Dinner
- Evening activities include: Leisure time to enjoy a chat around the bar, watching movies and many sort of Vietnam cultural films, relaxing and spending a romantic night on Pelican Halong Cruise’s music, playing cards, chess are available, reading magazines in room and dining room. You may also try your luck at squid fishing & fishing from the boat.
End of Program for Day One.
06.00 – 08.00:
- The day starts early onboard with Tai Chi session on the sundeck. Tai chi also called Tai chi chuan, combines deep breathing and relaxation with slow and gentle movements.
- Coffee, tea and pastries for breakfast are served in the dining room with morning view of bay’s landscape.
08.00 – 11.30:
- Transfer by tender to Sung Sot Cave. Walk up about 100 steps to the cave entrance. It takes approximately 45 minutes for cave visiting. Visit Sung Sot Cave, one of the most biggest cave in Halong bay with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites. Return to the boat by tender. Proper shoes are highly recommended.
- Back to Pelican Halong Cruise. Check out and settle your bill at reception.
- Have a buffet brunch while cruising back to the Tuan Chau Wharf. Relaxing on the sundeck or in the dining room enjoying the bay scenery while approaching the wharf.
- Disembark to Tuan Chau Wharf. Say goodbye to the crew.
12.00 – 17.00:
- Return to Hanoi by shuttle bus
- Stop over the middle to visit a traditional workshop and refreshment about 30 minutes.
- Arrive in Hanoi
- End of the trip.
Tonight we will enjoy Hanoi walkie foodie Tour: start at 17:30 PM at meeting point - Thang Long Theater Puppet - 53B Dinh Tien Hoang Street
Local life with local stories; local food and local drink tasting.
The tour is not just a gastronomic tour but a great way to see parts of the city that the majority of tourists don’t get to see. On this tour we will take you to go inside the small lane and alleys inside the Hanoi Old Quarter and show you how real Hanoians live, work and eat.
By far our most popular tour, this tour is great fun and perfect way to discover some of the lesser known dishes that the locals lover to eat. From noodles, to rolled pancakes and traditional Vietnames “banh mi”, end with coffee – or ca phe trung - a blend of coffee and egg whites, folded with sugar. Cold drink with ice, it tasted like a creamy tiramisu. Served with hot water, the sugar took on more of a caramel taste. Either way, it rounded off our five courses perfectly. This tour starts at 17:30 and ends at 20:30.
If you love local stories, culture, street food and drinks, and the above sounds right up your alley – you’ll be inspired to seek out those great smells and experience some of the real Hanoi food scene.
It's the little things that make all the difference in your travel experience!
7:30 - 8:00: pick up by shuttle bus of Mai Chau Eco-lodge - transfer to Mai Chau - an idyllic valley home to many hill tribes including the Dzao, Muong and Thai.
12: 00: Arrive in Mai Chau around noon and enjoy your lunch.
14:00: Check in your room (If room is available, we can offer you early check in)
15:00: Biking tour with local guide to explore Mai Chau beautiful ethnic villages including Na Thia, Chieng Sai, Cha Long, Tong Dau, Van villages. Be welcomed by the friendly local people, talk with them and discover their traditional culture. Total cycling time is around 2 – 2,5 hours on flat village paths.
18:30: Back to Mai Chau Ecolodge for dinner.
20:30: Enjoy a traditional dance show and taste Ruou Can, a local rice wine.
06:30 – 07:30: Breakfast at Ecolodge
08:00: (Recommend itinerary) Free exploring Mai Chau beautiful ethnic villages including Na Thia, Nhot, Pom Coong, Lac and Chieng Chau villages. Be welcomed by the friendly local people, talk with them and discover their traditional culture. Total walking time is around 2.5 – 3 hours on flat village paths. Take it all in: the spectacular scenery of Mai Chau and the relaxed rhythm of local life.
Check out around 12.pm
12:00 – 13:15: Have lunch at Ecolodge’ restaurant
13:30: Transfer back to Hanoi.
- Accommodation as mention in itinerary.
- Shuttle bus Hanoi - Halong - Mai Chau - Hanoi.
- Meals as itinerary
- Welcome Drink
- Entrance & Sightseeing Fees
- In-house English-speaking Tour Guide
- Luxury Cabins & Suites with A/C
- Luxury en-suite Bathroom
- All meals on board
- Sunrise Tai Chi Class
- Insurance on board
- Taxes and Service Charges
- Airfares, Car Private Transfers & Hotels
- Beauty Spa Services & Massage
- Tips & Others Personal Expenses
- All other services not clearly mentioned in Inclusions
- Surcharge for Lunar New Year’s Eve
Cancellation by Customer
- More than 15 days prior to check-in: 10% of total rates
- From 14 to 2 days prior to check-in: 50% of total rates
- Less than 48 hours prior to check-in: 100% of total rates
- No-Show: 100% of total rates
Cancellation due to bad weather
If the cancellation be announced by the Management Board of Halong Bay, depend on the timing of the cancellation, following policies will be applied:
- Before departure from Hanoi to Halong Bay (none of the services has been used): 100% refund.
- During the trip (some services have been used: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel in Halong, etc.): used services will be charged, the rest will be refunded.
- The trip be cut down from 2 nights to 1 night, tourists will be charged a 2 days/1 night trip, plus other used services, the rest will be refunded.
- The final cost will be confirmed by your consultant via email. In all cases, please contact us directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you with all of our best!
- 50% discount for child under 4 years accompany with 2 full paying clients, staying in same room with parents
- 75% charged for child from 4-10 years accompany with 2 full paying clients, staying on extra bed
- The above children rates are applicable for booking made with 2 adults and a maximum of 2 children occupancy in a room.
- Child age of 11 years up is subject to adult rate