Only a few hours from Hanoi, Mai Chau is filled with imposing limestone mountains and lush fields yet is rarely visited by tourists. Experiencing hill tribe life and the breathtaking scenery of Mai Chau, this package tour is crafted to show the best of the north’s beauty. Requiring little travel time, it is the perfect escape from Hanoi or extension to a Vietnam tour. Be prepared for an incredible experience with a family from the local Thai hill tribe. Spend a night with a hill tribe family and take light hikes in the area as you immerse yourself in the wonders of Mai Chau Valley on this Northern Vietnam tour.
8:00 Our driver will take you on a 4-hour drive from Hanoi to Mai Chau. Mai Chau is the heart of a beautiful valley that is a world away from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi. The modern village is an unappealing sprawl, but as you emerge on the rice fields and rural living it is transformed into a real paradise. It’s a stunning area, and most people here are ethnic White Thai, distantly related to tribes in Thailand, Laos and China.
In the afternoon, visit Lac Village of the Thai ethnic group, interact with the friendly local people and stay in their house-on-stilts.
Similar to some other villages of ethnic people in this area, Lac village also treats visitors the beautiful sightseeing of imposing mountains, vast rice fields stretch until the horizon and a range of stilt house lies silently among the peaceful atmosphere.
Have dinner with your host family. You also have a chance to enjoy their traditional music and dance and observing customs unchanged by time.
Over night in Lac Village.
After breakfast, start your morning with a light trek through the Mai Chau Valley.
After lunch in Mai Chau, begin the journey back to Hanoi. Along the way, be sure to have your camera ready for when you reach the top of the Mai Chau Valley.
Arrive in Hanoi in late afternoon.
Best Price Vietnam hopes to see you next time!
- Transfer: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Hanoi by private car
- English Speaking guide
- Homestay fee
- Meals are itinerary
- Activities and entertainment
- Local boat
- Vietnam Visa (ONLY $10/visa - book in next step)
- Tips and Personal Expenses
- Surcharge for check-in on: Lunar New Year, Christmas Days: 24th Dec, New Year’s Eve: 31st Dec
- All other services not clearly mentioned aboveVisa
Cancellation by Customer
- Any cancellation made within 30 days is subject to 50% of the total amount of the booking. Cancellation within 15 days is subject to 75% of the total amount of the booking. Cancellation within 24 hours prior to arrival, No Show or early check out are subject to 100% of the total amount of the booking.
- Child under 2 years old: F.O.C(limiting to one child per booking only).
- Child 2- 12 years old: 75% adult price.
- Child from the age of 13 must be pay full rate.