A region of contrasts from the refined colonial architecture in Hanoi to the dramatic tiered landscapes in the hills around Mai Chau and the sublime beauty of the karst islands in Halong Bay. The north of Vietnam is practically a destination in its own right and offers wonderful opportunities to meet indigenous folk in the mountains as well as live it up in one of Asia’s most exciting cities. If you are into the daily life in the countryside or a great escape from the noisy and fast city life, ” Northerm Vietnam Soft Adventure 8 days” is an excellent choice with the great oportunity to discover the tranquil parts all over Northern part of the country
Arrival to Noi Bai International Airport, meet our tour guide and have transfer to the city. (Hotel check-in time is 14:00)
After breakfast, drive to visit Ky Son village. Situated approximately 65 km from Hanoi, this typical village of the Northern Vietnam offers unique experience for guests who wish to discover an authentic rural life in Vietnam.
Your first stop will be at the Moon Garden, a very charming home-stay nestled in a landscaped garden with open view of the lush paddy fields and Ba Vi mountain in the backdrop.
Have welcome tee and visit the facilities. You will then join a cooking class and have lunch.
After lunch, enjoy Hand Spa by having your fingers dipped in a fragrant lime bowl and the traditional herbal hand massage. Afterwards take a bicycle ride to discover the Ky Son, Tam Son, Van Minh, and Cham farming communities. You are welcome to stop at any home you like along the way for a cup of tea, visit the kindergarten (if open) or chat with local people about their daily life and farming. Your experience would be further enriched by joining local farmers in their daily activities like plowing or making rice beds or transplanting seedlings or harvesting rice (or cassava, corn, sweet potatoes...) depending on the harvest season.
After breakfast, check out and drive to visit the beautiful Mai Chau Valley located in Hoa Binh province, approximately 135 km Northwest of Hanoi. Enjoy the scenic drive. Descending from the spectacular Thung Khe mountain pass you’ll have opportunity to enjoy the superb panoramic view of Mai Chau Valley surrounded by green rice patchworks dotted with clusters of stilt houses. Ethnic minorities, including the Thais, H’mongs and Muongs inhabit the area.
Arrive in Mai Chau at noon, check in and have lunch
In the afternoon, take a cycling tour through villages in the Mai Chau Valley to observe the life of local people.
Dinner with traditional music and Thai dance performance
After breakfast, check out and depart for Ninh Binh, the land of breathtaking karsts formations often dubbed as “Dry Halong Bay”.
Arrive in Ninh Binh, you will enjoy a scenic bike ride or joining in bufalo cart riding along the village path, filled with beautiful views of paddy fields, villages, churches, schools...
Join with a local chef to prepare your lunch.
After lunch, take a sampan ride to visit Tam Coc ,Bich Dong Pagoda and Cave
Check in the hotel and at leiusre in the evening
Breakfast buffet at the hotel
Check out and drive to Halong through the Red River Delta provinces of Thai Binh and Hai Phong provinces.
Upon arrival at Halong pier, board the escort boat. Cruise through the islands of Halong Bay to a remote location and enjoy a delicious seafood lunch.
Early in the afternoon, we arrive at our first stop. After a brief kayak training, explore numerous caves and lagoons under the supervision of experienced guides. Monkeys, sea eagles and other wildlife sightings are common, but never guaranteed. Return to the escort boat for dinner. We will then set out again on canoes to explore caves and lagoons by starlight.
Note: Our tour guide will not be on board with clients
Resident English speaking guide on board available
Breakfast is served while cruising to the second island. Kayaking to explore the caves and hidden lagoons under supervision of experienced guides. Return to escort boat for lunch.
In the afternoon, continue your kayak exploration and return to escort boat at sunset. After dinner you may opt for some optional night paddling.
Breakfast is served while we continue cruising to another site, where you will paddle through sea caves and hidden lagoons for about two hours. Return to the escort boat.
Lunch will be served onboard while cruising back to Halong Bay.
Arrive at pier. Pick-up and transfer back to Hanoi
Join in our tour Hanoi Experience after dark
Collection at your hotel at 18:00 hrs and have a full safety briefing at the meeting point.
Drive around Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake and be amazed at the lively small alleys that are not even noticeable during the day. Take short stops for photos and learn about the history of the Old Quarter.
Ride around the city outside of the Old Quarter, where most tourists would not visit, past some of the majestic historical buildings before a stop to sip a cup of tea with some Vietnamese snacks. Continue driving past the Red River and the historical Long Bien Bridge to see the night life outside Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
Have dinner at an authentic Vietnamese Restaurant with simple but freshly prepared dishes which can cater for every taste.
Travel down a historical street and enjoy a Vietnamese traditional sweet desert before heading back to your hotel
Have leisure time before your departure.
Please note that hotel check-out time is at 12:00. A late check-out can be arranged subject to room availability and a surcharge will be applied.
- *All prices are based on per adult, in Double/Twin sharing
- Small group tour available (max 10 guests): HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Surcharge will be applied for single traveler or single room request
- Accommodation in TWN/ DBL sharing accommodation at hotel, except overnight on train and homestay (if any)
- All transport within Vietnam (including airport pick up & see off), as per itinerary
- All in-tour stationed local English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for Vietnam attractions, as per itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Vietnam visa Approval letter (single entry).
- Hotel EARLY check in & LATE check out
- Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner in the accommodation.
- Transport to or from Vietnam
- International or departure taxes
- Vietnam Visa or Passport Fees
- Travel Insurance while in Vietnam
- Tips, laundry and gratuities
- Meals not marked on itinerary, and bottled water in Vietnam
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate